Where: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe’s innovation
Degree: Master degree
Experience: 3+ years of experience
What will you do as Aero Thermal Engineer?
As an Aero Thermal Engineer you will become part of the aerodynamics domain which is part of our bigger engineering triangle. The aerodynamics domain at Lightyear has the challenging objective to design the most aerodynamic, low drag vehicle that is currently on the road. We achieve this by creating a new standard in which aerodynamics, styling and technology go hand in hand. However within that context, it’s key to optimize every component that is at the intersection of aerodynamics and thermal engineering.
So, what are you actually responsible for? Please know, that your job will include, but isn’t limited to:
- Perform CFD and thermal analysis.
- Ensure that product design and performance meets technical and functional requirements.
- Support multidisciplinary engineering teams in product design and development activities.
- Provide accurate and detailed reports of CFD results.
- Collaborate with our testing team in developing and executing design verification plans and mechanical testing methods.
- Provide technical expertise in problem resolution, cost reduction, and quality improvement.
What do we expect from our Aero Thermal Engineer at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear, pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You are flexible and can work under pressure. Furthermore, we are looking for these traits:
- Master degree in Aerodynamics, fluid dynamics or thermal fluidics
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of heat transfer in simulations
- You’re an experienced Linux user
- CFD knowledge (preferrably OpenFoam, Fluent is also considered)
- Skilled in Python, bash and C++
- It’s considered a tremendous plus if you bring along some validation and testing experience
Furthermore, you can be described as someone who eagerly wants to work multidisciplinary. You bring along a high level of autonomy and you’re super conscientious.
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic (online) Friday afternoon drinks