Where: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe’s innovation
Degree: Master's degree
Experience: 5+ years of experience
What will you do as a CFD Aero Development Engineer?
As a CFD Aero Development Engineer you will become part of the aerodynamics domain which is part of our bigger engineering triangle. The aerodynamics domain at Lightyear has the challenging objective to design the most aerodynamic, low drag vehicle that is currently on the road. In order to achieve this, we will create a new standard in which aerodynamics, styling and technology go hand in hand. Excellent prediction of aerodynamic properties with the use of CFD simulations is essential to reach this goal. While we highly value CFD simulations, you will dedicatedly work on improving our numerical tools continuously.
Therefore, your role will focus on but is not limited to:
- Updating the simulation settings and methods to increase the accuracy and add new functionality that is up to date with industry best practices.
- Correlation of the methods with experimental results
- Optimisation of the CFD workflow for an increase in efficiency and reduction of throughput time
- Automation for pre and post simulations activities
- Advice company wide on simulation activities
What do we expect from our CFD Aero Development Engineer at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear, pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You are flexible and can work under pressure.
Furthermore, we are looking for these traits:
- A Master's degree in a relevant field of engineering (e.g. aerospace, fluid mechanics, mechanics, physics, computer science, scientific computing, mathematics, aerodynamics)
- +5 years experience in relevant position
- Experience with CFD software / underlying mathematics (OpenFoam is preferred, Fluent is also considered)
- Experience with optimisation tools is also considered
- Advanced user of Linux
- Familiar and related experience in the use of HPC environments (AWS is a plus)
- Fluency in English (required)
- Ability to perform independent research, but also able to work together in a multidisciplinary environment to ensure correct implementation of functionality based on system requests
- Good document presentation skills, clear and concise presentation of results and findings from work
- Ordered way of working / documenting, experience with agile methodology is a plus
We are looking for a colleague that has the ability to take ownership regarding CFD as a tool and its added value. Due to your proactivity, you’re able to expose this throughout Lightyear. Are you up for the challenge?
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role we also offer:
A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks