| POSITION TITLE: | Electronic Display Design Engineer
| REPORTS TO: | VP of Engineering
| NUMBER OF OPENINGS: | 2 TO 3, immediate hires
| WORK LOCATION: | College Park, MD; Albuquerque, NM
| COMPENSATION: | Competitive – commensurate with experience; +Benefits
| CLASSIFICATION: | Exempt
Airgility Inc. is seeking 2 to 3 Electronic Display Design Engineers to join our team.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Systems and Software development of embedded code for a family of Wireless Connected Avionics products that provide data connectivity between aircraft systems and Cockpit/Cabin/Ground computers.
This position is managed and hosted at Airgility Inc; however, it primarily serves Aspen Avionics product lines.
We have 2 (possibly 3) full-time positions that are all related to Graphical User Interface development for cockpit avionics that are already sold in the market by Aspen Avionics. This position is otherwise managed and hosted by/at Airgility but directed to the development needs of Aspen Avionics under technical guidance/report to Aspen's VP of Engineering in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Aspen Avionics is aligning their graphical user interface development with Airgility and we will in turn/time begin to align our algorithms and AI development into their avionics products. Since the vision is to cross-align each other's company capabilities, while the position can be held remotely, it is highly preferable to have the new hires that are able to physically be present at Airgility in College Park (MD) or in Albuquerque (NM). The physical presence of the Software Engineer(s) will allow the new hire access to learn about the robotics work performed at Airgility. Therefore, future development that inlays Airgility's work into Aspen's Avionics products will likely create a smoother workflow since a portion of Aspen's engineering team is deployed within Airgility. If the hire is located at Airgility, travel to Albuquerque (NM) is required. New hires willing to reside in Albuquerque will received hiring priority.
Airgility Inc is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with the automation and effectiveness of unmanned systems that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable than the alternatives. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. Most of all, a can-do attitude, sustained by solid engineering and customer discovery, is the essence of our principles. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest unmanned systems challenges, never losing sight of what matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop Software for embedded avionics products
· Complete requirements, Coding, Integration and Verification lifecycle
· Translate customer specified features/capabilities to a detailed design
· Determine the best architecture to implement features and functionality into products
· Provide estimates of effort and schedule to complete tasks, and detailed status of progress of those tasks
PRE-REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
· 5+ years of related software development experience
· Experience in Software Requirements Development
· Experience in Software Development, specifically in C/C++
· Experience in System/Software Integration and Hardware/Software Integration
· Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies
· Ability to develop System Requirements
· Experience in Software Verification
· System Bench Testing experience
· DO178B or DO178C understanding
· Experience working with Digital Filters, specifically Kalman Filters
· Matlab Analysis and Modeling Experience
· OpenGL Experience
· Experience in Displays, Guidance, Navigation or Controls
· Understanding of Control Laws and Algorithms
· Prior experience in an R&D environment
Bonus if you have a Robotics background, however, this position is for GUI development and NOT for robotics related work; although it would likely morph in that direction (in time) if the new hire holds such skill sets.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Correctable vision and hearing
· Ability to move through approximately 45,000 square foot building, if working on-site
· Light physical effort required to frequently and repetitively lift or move lightweight parts and materials
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, if working on-site
· Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands’ and arms’ length, stoop, kneel, and crouch
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently in fast paced environment
· Ability to work successfully in a team environment
· Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accept job assignments from employees other than immediate supervisor
· Ability/comfortable in flying on-board aircraft for travel and/or flight testing avionics
· U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents only.
I understand that this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management.
Aspen Avionics/Airgility reserve the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description neither constitutes a written or implied contract, nor does it alter the at-will relationship between the employee and Aspen Avionics/Airgility.