ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY OVERVIEW:
- To Design and Detail Mechanical Systems, Mechanical Sub-Assembly and Assembly from ‘Concept Models’ and produce manufacturing working 3D Models, Drawings and Documents.
- Produce Composite Parts, Machined Parts and Sheet Metal Components
- Produce BOMs, Ply Lay-up Table and ICDS
- Produce Installation Drawings
- Particular attention to getting the design ‘Right first time, on target and within budget
- Particular attention to weight optimization is mandatory.
- CATIA V5/V6, 15000-20000 Hrs Minimum
- 2D/3D Part Design Work Bench
- Assembly Workbench
- Generative Sheet Metal
- CPD (Composite Part Design)
- Reporting and Accountable to ‘The Head of Structures and Manufacturing’
- for Quality, on time delivery and within budget.
- On occasions, Technical direction may come from the CEO/CTO/Chief Designer Styling / Rendering with prior approval from the Head of Design & Manufacturing.
(but NOT limited to …)
- Control Surfaces Movements
- Actuation of Aircrafts Canards, (Mechanical)
- NLG /MLG deployment & retraction
- NLG / MLG Doors deployment
- Fans Air Intake system
- Fuselage Fan Doors (Open /Close)
- Wing Fans Articulations
- ECS System
- Aircraft Braking system
- Cockpit Canopy (open/Close) System
- The Mech Systems Design Engineer – Aerospace must work on their own initiative with minimum supervision and act in a professional manner at all times.
- He / She made be called upon to act in a leadership role and take on additional responsibility as required, such as a Peer checker.
- The Mech Systems Design Engineer may/will be required to work a shift system to maximise the software licences.
- The candidate may be required to attend Technical & Progress meetings as required.
- The Mech Systems Design Engineer must be a Team player and integrate into the Structures Department, technically and socially