In today’s complex energy market, Deutsche WindGuard is committed to providing extensive scientific, technical, and operational services, which are unbiased and manufacturer-independent. Our core areas of expertise are Measurements, Technical Inspections & Management, Offshore, Site Assessment, Consulting, Certification and our Wind Tunnel Centre.
Our acoustically optimized large-scale wind tunnel is operated by Deutsche WindGuard Engineering and located in Bremerhaven. Since the start of operation in 2008, the test section was continuously improved and offers one of the most advanced wind tunnel testing facilities in Europe. With its specific design and redundant measurement system, the wind tunnel is particularly optimized for aero-acoustic research & development projects. It also allows for testing on comparatively large components and realistic models. Calibration and function tests of wind measurement sensors at high flow velocities are also possible, just as the use for R&D projects for the industry as well as for scientific institutions.
Test Section Dimensions
- Closed Test Section: B x H x L = 2.75 m x 1.25 m x 5 m
- Flow Speed: Up to 100 m/s
- Reynolds number: Up to 6 million (based on a 900 mm chord model)
- Turbulence Intensity in [20:5000] Hz range: ≤ 0.05%
- Flow velocity deviation: ∆V ≤ 0.5%
- Redundant measurement system: Surface & wall pressures, forces and moments with force balance, wake rake for drag meas.
- 360 degree polars: At Reynolds numbers of up to 1.5 million
- Thermography for Laminar/ Turbulent transition detection: Output data in absolute x/c coordinates
- Online monitoring of live measurements: No need to travel to the wind tunnel
Additional Services (One-stop-shop for wind tunnel tests)
- Model Manufacturing: We take care of the design and due diligence regarding model manufacturing
- Model Compliance: Model Commissioning, Documentation, including , Geometrical and Structural (stiffness) measurements
- Additive Manufacturing: In house Manufacturing (FDM and SL)