1. Introduction to CFD
- Pro's and con's of wind tunnel testing & CFD simulations
- Fluid & flow aspects: laminar vs turbulent flow, vortex shedding, ...
- Steps in CFD: modeling, discretization, iteration
2. Introduction to OpenFOAM®
- Challenges of OpenFOAM®: interface, learning curve, link to CAD
- Benefits of OpenFOAM®: community, solvers, parallel computing, ...
- OpenFOAM® workflow: meshing, 3D modeling, post-processing
3. Meshing in OpenFOAM®
- blockMesh & surface feature extraction
- snappyHexMesh steps: castellated mesh, snapping, layers
- Refinement & quality controls
- Base patch types: wall, symmetry, cyclic, ...
- Primitive patch types: fixedValue, zeroGradient, ...
- Derived patch types: inletOutlet, totalPressure, ...
5. Incompressible solvers
- Solver types: laminar/turbulent, steady/unsteady
- Model properties: turbulence model, fluid properties
- Solver properties: numerical schemes, relaxation factors, ...
6. Rotating elements: MRF vs AMI
- Pro's and con's of MRF and AMI
- MRF: cellZones, rotation properties, ...
- AMI: patch creation, AMI interface, ...
7. Force & torque monitoring
- Setup: controlDict, forces function
- Output: file structure
This content was made in 2014 and may contain incorrect or outdated information. The reader is solely responsible for his or her use of this information and AirShaper cannot be held liable for any damages.
This offering is not approved or endorsed by OpenCFD® Limited, producer and distributor of the OpenFOAM® software via www.openfoam.com, and owner of the OPENFOAM™ and OpenCFD™ trade marks.