Keeping our customers' data protected at all times is our highest priority. This security overview provides a high-level overview of the security practices put in place to achieve that objective. Have questions or feedback? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
Our security.txt can be accessed here.
Dedicated Security Team
A dedicated employee shows additional commitment to the security of your data. Our employees are trained on security incident response and are on call 24/7.
All of our services run in the cloud. We don’t host or run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers. All CFD simulations are running on the servers that are not exposed to the Internet and they are in private network (VPC) non accesable from the Internet. Our service is built on Google Cloud Platform. They provide strong security measures to protect our infrastructure and are compliant with most certifications. You can read more about their practices here:
Network level security monitoring and protection
Our network security architecture consists of multiple security zones. We monitor and protect our network, to make sure no unauthorized access is performed using:
- A virtual private cloud (VPC), a bastion host or VPN with network access control lists (ACL’s) and no public IP addresses.
- A firewall that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic.
- An Intrusion Detection and/or Prevention technologies (IDS/IPS) solution that monitors and blocks potential malicious packets.
- IP address filtering
We use Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services powered by an industry-leading solution.
Encryption in transit: All data sent to or from our infrastructure is encrypted in transit via industry best-practices using Transport Layer Security (TLS). You can see our SSLLabs report here Encryption at rest: All our user data (including passwords) is encrypted using battled-proofed encryption algorithms in the database.
Data retention and removal
We dont' retain any of your usage data. When you remove your account all your data is permanently deleted. You can do this from your account profile page. Read more about our privacy settings at airshaper.com/privacy-policy.
Business continuity and disaster recovery
We back up all our critical assets and regularly attempt to restore the backup to guarantee a fast recovery in case of disaster. All our backups are encrypted.
Application security monitoring
- We use a security monitoring solution to get visibility into our application security, identify attacks and respond quickly to a data breach.
- We use technologies to monitor exceptions, logs and detect anomalies in our applications.
- We collect and store logs to provide an audit trail of our applications activity.
Application security protection
- We use a runtime protection system that identifies and blocks OWASP Top 10 and business logic attacks in real-time.
- We use security headers to protect our users from attacks. You can check our grade on this security scanner.
- We use security automation capabilities that automatically detect and respond to threats targeting our apps.
We develop following security best practices and frameworks (OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25). We use the following best practices to ensure the highest level of security in our software:
- Developers participate in regular security training to learn about common vulnerabilities and threats
- We review our code for security vulnerabilities
- We regularly update our dependencies and make sure none of them has known vulnerabilities
- We use Static Application Security Testing (SAST) to detect basic security vulnerabilities in our codebase
- We use Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) to scan our applications
We encourage everyone that practices responsible disclosure and comply with our policies and terms of service to participate in our bug program. Please avoid automated testing and only perform security testing with your own data. Please do not disclose any information regarding the vulnerabilities until we fix them. Rewards (in the form of a free AirShaper Simulation and a certificate of achievement, not in monetary form) are done at our discretion depending on the criticality of the vulnerability reported.
You can report vulnerabilities by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a proof of concept. We will respond as quickly as possible to your submission and won’t take legal actions if you follow the rules.
Accepted vulnerabilities are the following:
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Open redirect
- Cross-site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Command/File/URL inclusion
- Authentication issues
- Code execution
- Code or database injections
This bug program does NOT include:
- Logout CSRF
- Account/email enumerations
- Denial of Service (DoS)
- Attacks that could harm the reliability/integrity of our business
- Spam attacks
- Clickjacking on pages without authentication and/or sensitive state changes
- Mixed content warnings
- Lack of DNSSEC
- Content spoofing / text injection
- Timing attacks
- Social engineering
- Insecure cookies for non-sensitive cookies or 3rd party cookies
- Vulnerabilities requiring exceedingly unlikely user interaction
- Exploits that require physical access to a user's machine
We provide a 2-factor authentication mechanism to protect our users from account takeover attacks. Setting up this extra security measure is optional but highly recommended to increase the security of sensitive data.
Account takeover protection
We protect our users against data breaches by monitoring and blocking brute force attacks.
We process and store your payment information in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). We have been certified by PCI SAQ A complience.
We’re compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of GDPR is to protect the private information of EU citizens and give them more control over their personal data. Contact us for more details on how we comply to GDPR.
- All payment instrument processing is safely outsourced to Stripe which is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. We don’t collect any payment information and are therefore not subject to PCI obligations.
- Our strict internal procedure prevents any employee or administrator from gaining access to user data. Limited exceptions can be made for customer support.
- All our employees sign a Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement when joining the company to protect our customers' sensitive information.