Aerodynamics for Race TeamsWant to shave seconds off your lap time?
What is Airshaper?
How are we relevant to you?
- Analyse drag & lift forces as well as pitch & yaw moments for any given ride setup of the car.
- Build aero maps of your race car to tune its setup prior to each race. See Video
- Use 3D flow visualizations to understand & improve modifications to bodywork or even design a completely new body.
- Have gaps and holes in your 3d model? – No worries, AirShaper can work directly with non-watertight models
- Fast & intuitive set-up of simulations and user-friendly 3D visualizations of results;
- High quality simulations at affordable prices. View Prices
- AirShaper was awarded "Motorsport Technology of the Year". See Video
Race car aerodynamics improved Race team success stories
Porsche GT4 (Proom Racing)
Proom Racing (Endurance racing, 24h Nürburgring) fitted wider tires to their Porsche GT4 and needed wider fenders. This could potentially block the flow to the side air intakes further downstream. Using a professional 3D model of a porsche GT4 purchased online, the airflow around standard and widened fenders was compared. Pressure analysis at the air intake revealed that the wider fenders actually increased flow rate, boosting engine power. Together with other aero modifications, Proom Racing shaved 20 seconds off their lap time. Watch video
BMW i8 (Hamofa racing)
Hamofa racing has built the first & only BMW i8 GTR in the world. They applied the bodywork of the i8 to a silhouette racer with a V8 engine. This puts much higher demands on the cooling system compared to the three-cilinder engine it replaces. Faced with cooling challenges Hamofa racing turned to AirShaper to analyse the airflow and gain insight to revise the positioning of cooling elements.
Matt Hall Racing
Matt Hall Racing is one of the contenders in the Red Bull Air Race, a sport where pilots endure up to 10G when navigating their race plane across the race course through pilones. Obviously, top speed is very important which is why they used aerodynamic simulations analyse & optimize the drag of key components on the plane. That same season, Mat Hall Racing took multiple podium spots. Read article
Don’t have a 3D model?
AirShaper has strategic partnerships with 3D scanning companies with experience in the motorsport industry to scan you racecar and prepare a 3D model. If needed, they can scan your car at your location.
See our partners